Term: Summer 2018
PHE is an innovative environmental, planning, and technology consulting firm. Our engineers, scientists, and planners are engaged in complex programs and projects solving today’s most pressing environmental, climate change, energy, and national security challenges. PHE is currently seeking a highly-motivated college student to serve as an intern for the Gaithersburg, Maryland office. This position will involve supporting work on projects involving federal and state-level environmental review and regulatory compliance, permitting, and related technical assignments. Work may include: data review, interpretation, preparation, and analysis; word processing, and other office administration-related taskings.
- Students currently enrolled or recently graduated from one of the following program areas: Environmental Science/Planning, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Biology, Chemistry.
- At least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in accredited undergraduate program.
- Outgoing and personable with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team oriented with ability to balance multiple project needs.
- Self-motivated and adaptable working style with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Must be proficient in MS Word and MS Excel; proficiency in ArcGIS preferred.
- Work Authorization. Must have legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship.
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
PHE is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PHE’s mission is best summarized as: be the consultant of choice, be the employer of choice, and provide exceptional hands-on support for challenging environmental, management, and information technology projects and problems. Living this mission has led to the development of a corporate culture that attracts highly talented professionals, and a working environment in which these professionals can thrive. We are always looking for highly motivated, bright, and enthusiastic individuals to join our team. If you have the skills we need, we want you to consider joining us. A career at PHE is a rewarding, personal, and professional experience.
To Apply: If interested, submit resume & cover letter to email@example.com. Top candidates will be contacted and may be asked to submit writing samples. No calls please.